Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hydrangeas

I've been wandering through some old pictures as I try to take my photo organization and tagging to the next level.  The whole experience has solidified one of the many reasons I love pictures!  There are so many events/moments that have escaped my shoddy memory--it is beautiful to be able to re-discover those moments as if I am living them all over again.

Anyways, I stumbled upon some pictures from last year's Valentine's Day, and this just felt spring appropriate.

Hydrangeas

We had hydrangeas at our wedding and they have held a special place in my heart ever since.




Last year, we planted several hydrangea bushes in the backyard, and it has been very exciting to watch them come back to life this spring.  A few weeks ago, I started to see the slightest hint of pink blooms.

Hydrangeas in the Garden

Did you know that the color of the bloom depends on the soil?  That's one of the most interesting aspects of these flowers, the blooms can vary from pink to blue throughout our garden and even on the same bush.  They were purple/blue last year, but they came back bright pink this year.  They can be any color they want, I'm just excited that something survived the horror that is my gardening.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty pretty. That couple sure is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours are just now beginning to think about growing blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm surprised, I thought yours were blooming before us last year!

    ReplyDelete