Saturday, February 19, 2011

New Mexico :: Part 2 (Albuquerque)

About halfway through our trip to New Mexico, we headed over to Albuquerque to visit with an old friend.

From School to Lofts

He lives in an old school that has been converted into lofts. It is really a gorgeous complex.

One of sites he took us to was Sandia Mountain.


Cable Car Ride to Sandia Mountain

We took the cable car up to the top of the mountain. I wasn't sure what that experience would be like, but it was quite enjoyable. Lots of fun pictures and a gorgeous view to absorb.


View from Sandia Mountain 2

The view from atop Sandia Mountain was breath-taking no matter where you were.


King of the Mountain 2

Of course, the view is best from the very top of the mountain. It's a great place to look off into the distance and think about very important things (like where the bar is and so on and so forth).


Skiers on Sandia Mountain

There were more people skiing than I had expected. I like to keep my bones unbroken, so I kept myself entertained by the scenery.


View from atop Sandia Mountain


Smile!

It was, of course quite cold. I was very happy that this was one of the few times that we found ourselves properly dressed for the weather.

Just like Santa Fe, we ate a lot of really amazing food here as well. If you're interested, you are welcome to check out my Yelp reviews (and filter by location) here.

Stay tuned for New Mexico :: Part 3 (To Dallas). Sounds like it should have been pretty boring, but it was actually a gorgeous drive and a stunning sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment